The New Year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.
To be honest I am not a big fan of daily affirmations and setting words for the year - I feel pressured to choose one word for the whole year, but I do see the beauty of that strong word that can be at my core to drive my thoughts and actions to be aligned with my true principle
Take this time to center yourself and really feel the connection of YOU with the space around you (your home, community, world and universe at large) I truly believe in Newton’s third law of motion, “For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction” Your action has a reaction back to you and/or to the space around you! Think that for a moment!!
What actions you’d like to DO to receive that reaction!! (that’s deep for me)
With that thought and bigger vision, let’s get started for your own personal ritual. You may do this on New Year's Eve, new year or anytime in January :)
BEFORE WE jump into making your intention..let’s clear the clutter :)
1) MAKE SPACE FOR NEW!! (Physical space, heart and mind)
Organize, de-clutter that space in your home that you’ve been thinking to clear for a very long time.
* That Closet - Donate, gift things or clothes that you don’t want anymore
* That Drawer - where is that round ladle? In some drawer? (sounds familiar?)
* Those Jewelry boxes - sometimes I take more time to find my favorite earring than my makeup
* That Dresser
* If you have less time, just clear up that dining table, computer desk or kitchen counter - free them from mails and coupons and paper
* And don’t forget your phone..delete or upload pictures to cloud/computer and free that space to save new selfies in the new year :)
Physical cleanliness will bring a sense of achievement and your mind to think clearly
2) SETTING THE MOOD -
* Move your body!! - Yoga, Dance, Walk, Listen to your favorite song, Meditate
* Lit a candle or incense
* Dress up or make up - just feel to your best (like you are on a date with yourself :)
* Then look up first four words that you can see in the poster below :)
Make a note and write it down on a piece of paper
WHY 4? 2+0+2+0 = 4 (Year 2020 is the year of 4)
The number 4 is the number of “BEING”, it is the number that connects mind-body-spirit with the physical world of structure and organization. FOUR symbolizes the safety and security of home, the need for stability and strength on solid roots of values and beliefs
3) CONTEMPLATE AND MAKE YOUR SENTENCE with your words.
* Inhale exhale - take a moment inward and imagine your life in 2020 (like what will be your daily routine)
* What emotions/feelings you want to feel most in 2020 (about yourself and others)
* What actions you want to do in 2020 (as in what is your ideal day)
* What connections you want to make in 2020 (relationships with family, friends, business, community etc)
**CREATE AFFIRMATION: Use one or all or none for those 4 words - Create YOUR own affirmation that will give your power, strength, encouragement and smiles in times you need most
You may narrow down to Only one word - if that serves you best.
Throughout the course of the year, the word serves as a guidepost and visual reminder to help focus your mindset and intention about how life is showing up.
Few examples :
Every small reminder, action and thought helps us progress!!
Finally conclude the ritual by finding gratitude. A moment of gratitude helps us with the opportunity to be thankful for all the successes and the lessons we've learned over the last year/decade and welcome the new and exciting possibilities in future
"Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk! -Rumi
Hope this was helpful!
What you seek is seeking you! - Rumi
Have a Happy, Prosperous and Blessed New Year!
Enjoy this Beautiful Journey of life!!